Interested in volunteering?
Contact us. There is no minimum time commitment, and participation is based on each person’s comfort level and availability. Whatever time commitment you choose, there’s a place for you at the PTA. Have an idea that’s not listed here? We want to know!
Pause and read this before jumping in to volunteer.
In 2022-23 visitors and volunteers will be allowed in schools to support academic and programming activities. This guidance is subject to change due to COVID-19 rates. All visitors and volunteers must follow MPS COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Interested in volunteering at Bryn Mawr Community School?
- Visit “Become a Volunteer (mpls.k12.mn.us)” to access and complete the online volunteer application.
- Scroll down to view upcoming volunteer opportunities at Bryn Mawr Community School.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- 10/6/22 State of the School
- 9/1/22 Open House
- 8/24/22 Welcome Back Teachers & Staff Breakfast
- 2/22 | Feed teachers during conference day
- February 2022 | Black History Month Book Drive
- 12/13 Volunteer @ Bryn Mawr School’s Pediatric COVID Vaccine Clinic
- November 2021 | Native American Book Drive for Bryn Mawr’s Media Center
- 11/2 Election Day Treat Table
- 10/14 @ 2:30-5:30 PM | School Forest Clean-up
- 10/22 & 23 Feed teachers during conference days
- 10/7 State of School, Flu Clinic, BINGO, & Dinner event
- 9/10 Flash Friday Cookie Distribution to caregivers/parents
- 9/2 Open House
- 8/26 or 9/1 Reading Partners Orientation
8/23 Welcome Back Breakfast for Byrn Mawr Teachers & Staff
General Volunteer Opportunities
Become a Bulldog Ambassador
Help welcome new or prospective families to Bryn Mawr Community School. Share your perspective as a current Bulldog family, answer their questions (or help connect them to someone who can), and teach them the non-existent handshake. The PTA is looking for ambassadors with children in all grade levels to share their experience. This is especially important since our student population is growing by a ⅓ in the 2021-2022 school year with an additional classroom being added in all grade levels. Want to help connect families? Let us know.
The PTA helps coordinate and/or resource a variety of school events. Additionally, sometimes we need volunteers for last-minute opportunities and put out a call via email. Want to be informed of these one-event volunteer opportunities? Click to be put on the list.
Throughout the school year, the PTA organizes opportunities for Bulldog families to express their appreciation for our hardworking teachers and staff. Sometimes this entails asking people to bring muffins and juice to the school one morning or purchasing a book off of a book list. Want to put those Pinterest boards you’ve been pinning into action? Got an idea about how the PTA can shower our teachers and staff with appreciation? Let us know!
In the classroom (post-COVID)
COVID paused in person volunteers for a couple years, but in 2022-23 Minneapolis Public Schools are welcoming volunteers back into the classroom. From one time classroom projects to weekly commitments, there are a variety of volunteer opportunities to meet your schedule. Bryn Mawr’s school days are from 7:30 AM – 2 PM, Monday through Fridays.
Interested in volunteering, Let us know!